Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I love the Wu's!!!

Dear MOM and DAD,
 
VERY IMPORTANT!!! Some of the Post Offices in the Valley are not forwarding mail, so when they get it at the Mission Office and forward it on the Post Office is returning it to sender. As far as I know they haven't done that with any of mine but to avoid future problems please inform everyone to send my mail to:
Sister Karmin Anderson
525 E. Main St
Mesa, AZ. 85203
That's the Visitors' Center address and I will always be able to get my mail there. 
 
We had 2 lessons with the Wu's this last week. They are solid! We tried to get them to accept a baptism date but they all felt they needed some more time and they wanted to pray about it. We think that is not a bad thing, and we are so excited to they are seriously considering it instead of just doing it. That makes the strong converts. They will totally get baptized this year for sure! The ward is amazing and has just jumped on inviting them to activities and making them feel welcome. Brandon (the son) told us in our last lesson that he knows the Book of Mormon is true.  He followed it up about 5 min. later with telling us he was going to be baptized by the Jehovah's Witness (he was kidding of course, but it made my heart stop for a min.).  They are an amazing family and I can see  It's really neat to watch.  We went to the Visitors' Center and it was then that Mai and Brandon really started to consider this for themselves and not just for Jay.  I LOVE THE VISITORS' CENTER, can't beat the spirit that is there.  We have an Enrichment activity and dinner tomorrow that Mai is going to.  Her biggest concern is that because her family is all Roman Catholic that they will disown her.  We promised her that the gospel blesses families, we may not ever see it but by her being baptized it will bless her family.  Which I was wondering, Mom, if you could write her a letter about how you got married without any of your family in the temple and how following Christ has blessed your extended family and our family. I feel like she could relate. I know how much the gospel has blessed our family and I know it started because of the decision you made to be married in the temple. Did I mention that they are always feeding us... Sister Stephens and I haven't been feeling 100 percent these last couple days and when we went over there to schedule a lesson this next week, as we were leaving they said to come over anytime and they would make us soup. I love that family so much!
 
We are going to the Phelps for Thanksgiving. The wife has been active and through the temple. The husband  has been active for awhile now but has never been to the temple.  The bishop extended a calling to him and he accepted, and we are teaching them the member lessons as well. I'm excited to see them(especially him) grow and then go to the temple and be sealed. They invited us to Thanksgiving and we even get to help them prepare (I told her I  would make the mashed potatoes and gravy).   I'm excited. Make sure you take pictures of Thanksgiving at home for me.
 
We got to do a bunch of service this week and it was awesome. We helped make invites to Enrichment and then we helped scrap paint off a house in prep for the new paint. They wanted to surprise their mother before she came home.
 
Well I guess that's all for now. How is your neighbor coming along with the missionaries?  How's Paula doing? (Will you tell her she can email me back?)
Alma 7:23-24
 
Miss you much, Love you more!!!!
Love Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment