Sunday, January 8, 2012

Service, Service, and Hiking!!!!

January 3, 2012
Dear MOM and DAD,
Well this week was full of service. I LOVE SERVICE!!!!!! Just so you know. Probably one of my favorite things to do on the mission because you get to know people, help them, and work hard!!!! Thank you MOM and DAD for teaching me hard work, I love it and then I am tired and sore which reminds me that I did something for someone else.
The first service we did was helping a less-active family prune some trees in their back yard. Now I know that pruning clipper are not meant for anything much bigger than an inch but when I came to some 2+ inch branches I couldn't back down. I conquered!! With minimal bruises... 5 or 6 at the most.
The next day we helped the Phelps (sister Phelps is active and brother Phelps is getting there) paint the apartment in their back yard for four hours. It was great I love painting and my quads hurt so bad the next day from all the squatting. We also found out the Sister Phelps has a very similar back story to Misty's (investigator). Tender mercy for doing service, we wouldn't have found that out any other way.
We read a few chapters in the Book of Mormon with Kayla and she came to sacrament meeting even though she was sick. So we're thinking she's on the right track to getting back where she was. We can just see the potential she has and how if she lets Heavenly Father assist and even take the reins He will get her further than she can herself. (I guess we are all that way though)
Yesterday we hiked Camelback! It's about 1.2 miles to the top and it is up all the way, climbing over boulders and rock, never really flat. It was a struggle the last quarter mile but I did it and I even helped encourage the sisters that were with me to finish. I didn't know I could motivate so well... lol It was so fun and now I'm sore from that, but it's great!!!!
We had another lesson with Misty yesterday and Sister Phelps came. It was a good lesson, we talked about the Doctrine of Christ and the importance of Reading, Praying, and Going to Church, she committed to come if she wasn't working. I'm excited to see her figure out that it is true, I think it will just hit her like a wave.
Well that's it for this week. I'll probably have more next because we are headed back to full field as of today!
Miss you much, Love you more!
3 Nephi 18:24 with Hymn # 335
Love Sister Anderson



Hiking Camelback
"Hold to the Rod" so you don't fall down the mountain
Part way (maybe 3/8 of a mile)

Hole in the rock

The top (1.2 miles up boulders and rocks)

Christmas Tree at the top

Sister Lamb and I (hiking buddies)


No comments:

Post a Comment