Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Transfers, Bikes & Miracles!

Dear MOM, DAD, and GRANDMA
 
This week has flown by. It's been a great week and I LOVE my companion!!!! We laugh all the time, maybe it's because we are on bikes and we're tired all the time, but still there is a lot of laughter and a lot of hard work (e.g. during our end planning prayer we just burst into laughter, we were REALLY tired last night). Sister Parker is a great missionary and I've already learned so much from her. We work hard and have fun and it's the best!!!!
 
Things I love about bike:
  • It's easier to talk to people on the street (without looking like a stocker because you pull over in front of them and then got out to talk to them)
  • People honk at you (for better or worse they do, but it's fun to think it's for better)
  • Members pull over and talk to you (I think it's because I've been here for 7 months, but we talk to members even more now, there is just a lot more talking to people when you are on a bike)
  • The weather is beautiful!!!
  • It just feels good and improves my mood when I'm outside
  • I sleep amazing every night
  • Mandatory exercises!
Bikes are so fun, the only down is my hair looks aweful all the time (good thing no one cares huh?)
 
So Julia has canceled on us twice. We don't think she really wants to learn so we are giving her a week and then probably dropping her. Hopefully it was a seed planted and she will come to want to know more later.
 
Alex is not all there, we think, so we're holding off on that one too. But we have seen so many mini miracles this last week:
  • People being home when we swing by
  • People scheduling lesson (I've never had so many lessons scheduled in advance)
  • Members taking the incentive to fellowship our investigators with out us asking (that is the best!!!)
  • Members helping get our bikes all worked out
  • etc
The Lord is blessing us so much right now, it's true when they say the Lord blesses bike areas.
 
I got a call at the VC this week from mormon.org.  A lady wanted to know about the programs for children. She was going through a rough divorce and wanted her kids to have some support. She had done research on the Mormons in high school and was really interested in learning more. So to make a long story short I got her the info on what time her ward would be, I got the missionaries her info and called her the next day to find out she had gone to all 3 hours of church, met the missionaries, and was meeting with them again. I love seeing those who are prepared!!! Sometimes it's really hard and you want to ring peoples necks but the Lord has prepared so many and it is our job as members and missionaries to find them. The church is true and I thank Heavenly Father every day that I know that. So many people are lost in this crazy world but all can be found!
 
Love you all,
Miss you much, Love you more!!!
 
Love Sister Anderson
My bike "Mustang Sally"

Old picture of Sister Parker and I

No comments:

Post a Comment