Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dropped

Dear MOM and DAD,
Well its official we dropped Isabel, she canceled yet again on us and when we asked her if she wanted us to come teach her still she didn't respond... She was so ready, but we think that she decided that she received the answers to her prayers and that she didn't need to learn more. We think this because that is what happened to her sister who was taught last year.  Her family was so prepared too... well I guess they aren't fully prepared if they don't use their agency to accept it.
 
We've been teaching and in-active man named Tony, he was baptized about 8 years ago and went in-active just over a year after his baptism. He has great respect for the church and refers everyone to it if they are looking for a church.  He has some concerns that we are now working through . Our first lesson with him was really cool because through the lesson you could see his continence change and by the end he wanted to resolve his concerns. I was so proud of Sister Everette, she was bold and loving and because of her following the Spirit his heart was touched.
 
There is also another in-active man that we've been, slowly but surely, working with.  His name is Gary. If you knew where he was when we first met him you would be amazed at how far we've come. We don't have formal lessons with him and for 2 transfers we never really talked about gospel things, we'd just see him on the street and talk with him. Then last week we read some scriptures to him and ended with a prayer. Through all this we found out that he never really had a testimony, so he may be stubborn but you know me I'm probably just as, if not more stubborn than most people. So we're an interesting pair but I think that Lord knew what he was doing when he sent me to Gary!
 
So even though this transfer has been a bit of a downer when it comes to work, I feel like I've been growing so much because I have an amazing companion. She has taught me so much about being humble and loving and happy, and as I work to be more like her and pray to receive help (Because Heaven knows I can't do it alone) I'm finding that I am more happy and loving and humble. Just the last week I've been in some really good moods and nothing has really changed other than lots of prayers to know how to be a happier person. 
 
I'm glad everyone is doing well (except grandma, who I told to take it easy... yes that was an I told you so Grandma) I love you all.
Miss you much, Love you more.
Mosiah 4:10 "See that ye do them!"
 
Love, Sister Anderson
 

Sister Everett and Sister Anderson
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment