Monday, August 20, 2012

"It's sufficiently decent"

August 20, 2012

Dear MOM and DAD,

Well transfer news is in... I'm headed to Mesa East Stake and going from 4 wards to 5, and I'm still at the Visitors' Center! YAY!!!! My new companion will be Sister Michelle Shurtz, she's from Clearfield UT. She's the sister who had a sibling pass away on her mission. I think I mentioned her before. She's a great missionary and she works hard so it will be a good transfer. 

Well this week was full of miracles! Sadee set a baptismal date for the 8th of September. We think she'll have to go to the ward she lives in but it's still cool that she's progressing and it doesn't matter where people get baptized just as long as they do. It also is a test of their conversion when they have to transfer missionaries and wards, but she knows she might have to and she's willing to do whatever the Lord would have her do. The Gospel Blesses lives! 

I don't know if you've noticed the pattern on my mission but Heavenly Father just likes to randomly put prepared people in our path. This last week we got a call from some random RM who said that when he got home he told his aunt that he'd sic the missionaries on her and her response was... "Okay, I'm ready for them now." We've had two lessons with her and she is so prepared. She meet with missionaries up in Payson AZ last year and then moved and was wanting to pick it back up when she got settled and then her nephew got home and tada! Here we are. She called a member in our ward to tell her that she wanted to set a baptismal date, so Sister Bardin called us and we called Cheryl and she's getting baptized on the 22nd of September! I'm sad I won't get to teach her anymore but I'm really excited that Sister K gets to teach her. She's never taught anyone all the way to baptism before so I'm really glad she gets to be part of this miracle. 

We went to the temple this week and I was just full of gratitude for the Gospel and the temple and my family and my friends. I was just grateful for everything. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much and I don't even know what to do with myself sometimes. Sister K was telling me how in her thank you card she said that I talk about how amazing our family is all the time. Well it's true and I love you all so much, how could I help from bragging. She also told me this morning she loves the traditions our family has, because I talk about those too. 

The weather hasn't been too bad this summer. I think it's gotten up to 115 three times and that's it, others may think it's hot (and it is) but I'm grateful it's not 120. One of our ward mission leaders was released and we didn't even know it till a week later... still waiting on a new one to be called but I know that the Bishop is being very prayerful about it all. I have loved the bishops in this area. I'm just grateful for all the amazing people I get to meet! 

That's all for today. I'll work on getting a contact number to you. And thank you for doing all that school stuff for me as well. 

Miss you MUCH, Love you MORE!
Love Sister Anderson 

In response to the quote no effort wasted -"It's not a waste of time... you'll learn you were an idiot!"

All of today's quotes are from Jono (John-O), our ward mission leader in the YSA ward, he served in England and he's super funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment