Monday, August 20, 2012

Baptisms!!!

May 1, 2012

Dear MOM and DAD,

Serina, Kyana, and Michael all were baptized on the 28th and confirmed on the 29th. It was a really good baptism and they had a lot of support there. She said before she got in she was still feeling anxious and burdened and as she step into the water she felt Heavenly Father take it all and then she was instantly calm. She cried at both and she doesn't get emotional so it was really neat to see the actual change in her countenance and her children we so happy. They had their baptismal interviews this last week and the Elder who interviewed Kyana said that at the end she said if she's not married when she's 21 she wants to serve a mission because of Sister Dashjav and I, I felt pretty special and it was a huge blessing and answer to my prayer to get to teach such an amazing family! 

We finally got our accounts approved for chat (my companion and I) some sisters have had theirs for awhile but a bunch of us had to wait. But we finally got it and Sister Dashjav and I got an investigator on chat yesterday. It was really fun, in a live lesson you can't talk about what your response will be and then scream and holler when they accept an invitation (both of which we did yesterday) and instead of it being my sentence and her sentence we have one that includes both our thoughts and style of talking! It was a lot of fun and when have a return appointment tonight. 

Church was really good, even though the topics where more for after the mission, I took lots of notes that I can look of when I get home. I felt very "fed" after. 

One of the sisters at the VC found out her sister died yesterday so if you could keep Sister Michelle Shurtz in your prayer I know that would help. 

I know that the atonement is real, I've seen it so much on my mission in my life and in the lives of others. I know we have a loving Heavenly Father who always does what is best for us (even when I may not agree...lol). I know that everything Jesus Christ did was for you, because He loves us. At the VC there is a mural on the wall of the universe and one day I was sitting there wondering why it's there, why did they paint that specific picture? Then the spirit told me that everything that was created was created because of God's love for you (that comes from Pres. Uchtdorf) and even though all that was created is wonderful and amazing Christ is always focused on us just as the statue is looking at us. I know that we are Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost's main focus, so that we can return. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's chruch restored in its fullness and I thank the Lord for parents who raised me in it. THe Book of Mormon IS true and we DO have a living prophet. 

I've been a slacker on encouraging the fam to create a mormon.org profile. Here's a link to mine http://mormon.org/me/5SQQ/Karmin/ and I would love it if all of you would create one. This is one way the Lord is moving His work forward and you will never know who you can touch with your testimony. 

Miss you much, Love you more. 
I'm excited to see/hear you on Mother's Day! 

Love Sister Anderson










No comments:

Post a Comment